Mathew Veedon is a Senior Advisor to Quest Turnaround Advisors with strong consulting and operating experience in high intervention situations, turnarounds and major transformations. He has consulted for portfolio companies of several Private Equity firms and includes assignments as interim COO/CFO.
As a Partner at Redding Consultants, Inc. for over seven years, he has worked with senior executives of global consumer products and industrial goods companies.
- For a $100 million medical device manufacturing company faced with sharply declining sales and a recessionary environment, he worked on restructuring their sales force around independent health networks instead of traditional clinical sales to individual hospitals.
- Led a menu rationalization and store compliance team for a Quick Service Restaurant chain that operates over 1,000 restaurants in 40 countries, which emerged from bankruptcy.
- For a $1 billion mattress company, he led the integration of their Canadian licensee. Also evaluated and successfully made the business case for acquiring a memory foam technology company to fill a critical gap in their product offerings.
- Assisted a leading PE firm to merge 35+ former independent owner/operator businesses that had been acquired but never integrated.
- Redesigned the New Product Development function of a $200 million household furnishings manufacturer that was importing all its products from China.
- Built the financial plan to support the $3 billion purchase and outsourcing of customer services of a UK based legacy telecom company to the Caribbean.
- For a major paper pulp and newsprint manufacturer he conducted detailed pricing and demand analysis to assess the impact of facilities consolidation and to develop strategies to increase shareholder value.
Prior to joining Redding, Mathew was a consultant to Next General Ventures LLC and portfolio manager of Sachem Ventures. Mathew began his career at Arthur Andersen and was a manager at Accenture. At Accenture he was part of a World Bank aided project team that un-bundled a state owned utility.
Mathew graduated from Sydenham College in Mumbai, India. He is a Chartered Accountant, a registered broker dealer and holds an MBA in Finance with a Strategy concentration from Yale University.